A brief but nonetheless interesting update for the 8-15-09 edition of The Scientist Research News Update. Check out the incredible report of how regenerative medicine induced a spinal cord to regrow sensory axons to their target destination, a new director for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), gender differences in HIV/AIDS progression, the Avian flu and a link to Parkinson’s disease, and how stressed brains tend to rely on habit.
Here is The Scientist Research News Update for 8-15-09:
- Avian flu promotes Parkinson’s
- Is HIV progression sex-linked?
- Alzheimer’s clue found
- Stressed brains rely on habit
- Severed axons regrow to target
- The Microbial Health Factor
- Collins confirmed as NIH head
- Conflicts brewing at the FDA