Science Daily is fantastic research based website. The site is massive though with many, many daily updates. Keeping up with important mental health research on this site can be a daunting challenge for practitioners and the general public. Hence, I plan to provide weekly to semi-weekly updates on The Behavioral Medicine Report in a similar format as the NIH/NIMH Research News Update to help our readers stay at the forefront of new research developments.
Here are the first round of updates in our new Science Daily Research News Update section:
- Sleep: Spring Cleaning For The Brain?
- HIV Treatment: Early Administration Of Antiretroviral Therapy Can Improve Survival
- ‘Good’ Energy Burning Fat In Lean Adults
- Cancer Survival: Pretreatment Alcohol, Tobacco, Fruit, Exercise Habits Linked To Head And Neck Cancer Survival
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Helps Older Adults With Anxiety Reduce Worry, Improve Mental Health
- Waist Size Found To Be Predictor Of Heart Failure In Both Men And Women
- Weight Gain Early In Life Can Lead To Physical Disabilities In Older Adults
- Diet Of Whipping Cream, Butter, Vegetable Oil Can Help Control Epileptic Seizures In Many Children
- Autism Linked With Stress Hormone Levels
- Discovery Of Protein That Reactivates Herpes Simplex Virus Helps Solve Medical Mystery
- Sleep Problems In Adults Linked To Increased Risk Of Suicidal Behaviors
- Parents Failing To Recognize Their Children’s Risk For Obesity May Be Contributing To Epidemic
- Waking Up Dormant HIV
- Exercise Program Reduces Migraine Suffering